MISSION AND VISION
Shri Guru Gobind Singh Khalsa College, Mahilpur was established in 1946 by his holiness ‘SANT BABA HARI SINGH JI KAHARPURI’ with the broad objective to uplift the socially, economically and educationally deprived people of this rural, backward and kandi area. The mission of the institute is to:
- Become a vibrant knowledge Centre and a Centre of Excellence in teaching, research and extension activities.
- Meet the challenges of the knowledge era and to keep with the pace of knowledge explosion in higher education. The College is committed to inculcate and sustain higher standards of quality in teaching, research, extension andgovernance catering to the regional, national and global needs.
- Provide excellent learning environment and develop right competencies and attitudes in students to enable them toÂ realize their full potential and contribute to nation building.
- Strive for democratization of education and recognize the importance of sustainable and affordable high quality interdisciplinary educational programmes to meet the capacity building and public service needs of our youth.
- Provide quality education, teaching and capacity building through multimode pedagogy drawn from diverse sources.
- Maintain the highest possible standards in academics by providing competent faculty, ultra-modern infrastructural facilities and the most conducive learning environment.
- Value originality and vision, encourage initiative and promote creativity and to promote creativity and value originality.
- Develop multidimensional personality of the student by providing an opportunity to participate in religious, cultural, co-curricular, theatrical, literary and sports activities.
- Cross-pollinate with new ideas, new technologies, new platforms, and new world-views.
- Develop a scientific temper, and a performance culture of pro-active decision-making.
- Strategize to become an epicenter of knowledge, culture, skills and technologies.